Friday, March 30, 2012

Appreciating The Ability To Breathe

We sometimes take for granted the simple things of life. I recently noticed when I picked up a cold from being in the hospital with my Mom that hospitals are germ and virus havens. I had been wearing my Fresh Air Buddy most of the time, but forgot to put it on 2 days I was there, and BINGO got a nasty cold that plugged my sinuses up but good. I wasn't able to breathe correctly for a couple of days. I lost my voice, had terrible drainage and was coughing at night. I really missed the simple pleasure of breathing normally. Fortunately, thanks to good nutrition, our Fresh Air Surround, and some sleep I recovered. Go outside after a rainstorm, take a deep breath and enjoy life. I am so thankful I can breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment